Friday, August 26, 2011

My Best Baby Bargains: Tips for Moms

Welcome to My Best Baby Bargains Tips for Moms


Good Morning to all of you. Ginny here. I am here to give you another tip for new moms. Today, I will cover one aspect of breastfeeding. There are a lot of subjects to talk about, but today I would like to talk about preparing to breastfeed.

If you have ever talked to other moms who have breastfed their babies, I am sure the subject comes up that the first few times you will feed your baby, IT WILL REALLY HURT! No kidding. It will be painful until you build up callouses in the nipple area so that your skin is used to baby's feeding.

But there are ways to prepare yourself for what is coming.


How to Prepare for Breastfeeding


When I was first pregnant, it was advised that mothers to be rough up their breasts with a damp wash cloth to get the nipples used to what would be coming when baby arrives.

However, roughing up the nipple area with a towel or a wet washcloth is not recommended any more. What medical professionals did not know back then was that there are protective substances produced by the breast during pregnancy, and also after Baby is born. To do what was recommended years ago would remove those protective substances, and that is not what we want. What is recommended now is to try gently massaging the breasts; it will help you become more accustomed to handling your breasts, and may be useful in the future for times when you need to express your milk.

One very valuable resource for new moms who are looking forward to breastfeeding is La Lech League International. You can find lots of help and local chapters where you are if you need advice. THE WOMANLY ART OF BREASTFEEDING, available from LLL groups or at the end of this post.

I hope this tip for new moms has been helpful to you. I'll be back again with more tips for new moms on my next post.

Meanwhile visit My Best Baby Bargains for savings on all things for Baby, and also for Mom and Dad.




Blessings,

Ginny

Psalm 127:3
Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.
KJV

No comments:

Post a Comment